Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Patrick Leahy about Albert Gonzolez / republican press conference

issues Leahy says Gonzo will have to comment on:

- the memos saying torture was ok, especially the line calling the Geneva convention quaint
- whether the Gonzmeister will report to congress, since the Patriot Act says he has to

Leahy is a dem sen from Vermont. He is a ranking member on the Judiciary Committee.

Leahy just said he used to be a prosecuter.

hahahah. Florida just said "If you view the Constitution as a living, breathing document, then overturning Roe v. Wade would just be the Constitution exhaling." Classic! Precious!

One great thing about c-span is that you get to see how politicians respond to rambling, incoherent questions. Do they shrug them off? Do they turn it into a chance to make a good point?

Now the bottoms of my toes are starting to hurt on my right foot. Things are getting a little hairy here. I was hoping to hit 20 miles but I don't know if that's in the cards today. I'm going to take off my socks and massage my little buddies and see how they feel...

Ok, I'm back. My right foot is hurting though. That came out of nowhere.

Leahy is saying that Bush got more judicial nominees confirmed, over 200, than Reagan did during his first term.

Republicans Phillybusted 61 of Clintons nominees, the dems have only Phillied 9 of Bush's.

He's praising Harry Reid now... saying Republicans and Democrats both know "he is a man who always keeps his word."


-------- republican press conference -----

None other than Ricky Santorum is christening the mics.

Now Bill Frist, Majority Leader from Tennesee. Frist is so weird. Look at the way he bobs his head like a pidgeon when he talks.

Sen. Mitch McConnell from Kentucky is the Assisstant Majority Leader.

Sen. Ted Stevens from Alaska is sporting his "holy handkerchief."

Sen. Jon Kyl from Arizona might have the fewest letters in his name in Congress.

Sen Kay Bailey Hutchison from Texas isn't wearing pearls, so I give her credit for that.

Sen. Elizabeth Dole from North Carolina has something a little off about her, but I can't put my finger on it. Does she look like Cruella Deville?



This is quite a posse cut. Frist is talking about the Spector deal, but not really saying anything.

Now Sen. Rick Santorum, from Pennsylvania, Chairman of the Republican Conference, is being a brat. This is the first time I've seen a politician be a pain in the ass. Also, he has no sideburns, and that's unforgivable.

Milling. Yes. I love it.

No comments: