Tuesday, November 30, 2004

9/11 Commission Press Conference

Thomas Kean is talking, saying "Give us a vote" on the security bill.

He's just explaining all the stuff in the bill. It sounds pretty good to me. I just don't see why we should think that Kean doesn't have everyone's best interest in mind here.

Wow, the bill even has stuff about promoting economic development in the Muslim world, I think that's a great idea.

Now Lee Hamilton, the vice-chairman of the commission, is talking. He's addressing the main criticisms of the bill.

He just said, "The window of opportunity for reform will not last long..."

So that's not very comforting for people who say this bill is missing important stuff. In fact, that is their argument. That wasn't the smartest thing in the world for Hamilton to say.

Now we've got some good milling around here. So that's the end of that. I have to say that I'm with the 9/11 commission on this issue. I just don't see any reason to believe they are trying to sell the country down the river.

8.06 miles

No comments: