Wednesday, November 17, 2004

11/17 Washington Journal part 2

Chuck Todd, editor in chief of the Hotline, droppin sci.

--- Bradley Belt, executive director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (the PBGC)---

he's talking in reference to this situation."

hold, on, i'm dropping some science myself,

ok, we're back in business.

I don't know what to say about this. Basically, this guy directs the federal agency that takes over for failed corporate pension plans, and this organization has been billions of dollars in the red for the last couple years. So Congress has to do something about this.

I think in order to make this more entertaining I'm gonna go put some gold bond on my rick santorum, hold on.

Ok, niiiice. Spicy. Ohio just called in and said, my husband worked for a company for 30 years and retired on a Friday and dropped dead that Sunday." Ouch. Something to think about.

Oh I see. So pension plans pay a yearly premium to the PBGC to have their plan insured. And Congress decides how many duckets the PBGC gets to charge for these premiums.

The PBGC was started as part of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. Choice.

The host just asked which people in Congress are pushing hard for fixing this problem. That's interesting, getting to know what politicians care about, what their pet projects are.

Vermont just brought up the "new Gasby rules."

This is so boring it hurts my soul.

3.79 miles

No comments: