Monday, January 31, 2005

Picture of the Day! Who is the HoJo of the 109th Congress?



I was cleaning out the bureau in my room and I stumbled across my beloved copy of the November, 1989 Baseball Digest: Baseball's Only Monthly Magazine. What a masterpiece. 1) Hojo, one of my all-time favorite Mets and an honored member of the 30-30 club, is on the cover, 2) you can see a blurry Keith Hernandez in the background, and 3) all three headlines are amazing.

If only there was a monthly politics magazine with headlines half as good as "Up-the-Middle Defense: An Overlooked Pennant Factor." Then it would be easier for people to get excited about politics. Picture "The D.C. Digest" with Education Secretary Margaret Spellings on the cover pointing an angry finger at Buster Baxter, PBS's pro-lesbian cartoon rabbit, while a blurry Orrin Hatch stands in the dugout with a Keith Hernandez-style mustache. Meanwhile, spicy minor headlines pepper the rest of the cover, like "10 Classic Philabusters You May Have Overlooked" and "Omnibusted! How to Monitor Oversized Legislative Bills."

If anyone can guess 7 of the 15 most dramatic (pre-1989) home runs in big league history I'll send you all of my back issues of Stereo Review or my ALF sleeping bag, your pick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan Bana,

As a result of reading your blog "Picture of the Day! Who is the HoJo of the 109th Congress?", I think you will discover my site on DANB a great help.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Pay us a visit now ... you will be amazed at how much help is available for passing tests!

Best Regards
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan Bana,

As a result of reading your blog "Picture of the Day! Who is the HoJo of the 109th Congress?", I think you will discover my site on Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Test a great help.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Pay us a visit now ... you will be amazed at how much help is available for passing tests!

Best Regards
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hello Dan Bana,

After reading your blog "Picture of the Day! Who is the HoJo of the 109th Congress?", I believe you will find my site on General Educational Development to be very helpful.

We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Make sure you give yourself every possible advantage in passing your tests ... pay us a visit now!

Kind Regards
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan Bana, taking a little time today to see what Relax At Home will send me to that is interesting. Picture of the Day! Who is the HoJo of the 109th Congress? looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Relax At Home in my e-travels. Have a super day!